Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Gift



Shreya was sitting in the corner of her house. The joy of Christmas vanished in the gloominess of her home. Her newborn brother was in the ICU. For the first time, she felt a great affection for her brother. Feeling of losing him terrified her. For the first time, she wanted to hug him tight. Her heart wept and the pain oozed out as tears.
She wanted to do something for him. But what? She didn’t know. Suddenly, her glance drifted towards the idol of Santa Claus. Something stroked her mind. She wiped off her tears. 

She wrote.

Dear Santa,

Mama told me that you bring gifts to the homes of the good children on Christmas. Am I a good girl? …… I know I’m not. I had been a jealous girl. Jealous of my sweet, innocent brother. But you know mom and dad were only concerned about him these days, even if he was not born. I thought they did not love me anymore. I thought they’re ignoring me. But, I was wrong. Now I understand that he needs love and care, not jealousy of his elder sister.

The moment I saw him, I fell in love with him. You know Santa, he is so cute. So soft like a feather. So adorable that anyone can love him. But now he is in great pain. He is struggling for his life. I saw mom and dad crying for him. They need him. I need my cute little brother.




I’m sorry Santa. Please grant me the life of my innocent brother as a Christmas gift. I promise you that I’ll be a good girl. I won’t annoy mom and dad. I will love my brother forever. Please, please, please dear Santa; give me my brother as my gift.”

Shreya’s hand trembled. Her lips quivered.  Her chin wobbled and she burst into tears.




Prompt @: Carry on tuesday (Dear Santa)






Share/Bookmark

1 Comments:

keiths ramblings said...

That is so sweet. How could Santa ignore such a request?

Post a Comment

 
;