Friday, June 25, 2021

Silent Promises




The salty scent of the sea reminds me of that soothing, moonlit night. The night when we realized that we can easily make endless, mindless conversation. That gentle kiss that felt like a caressing breeze. Some silent promises that our gaze made.


We knew we will meet again. 


What we didn't know was that the promises were meant to remain unfulfilled. That it was going to be our last conversation.


Image: My painting. I'm trying abstract, palette knife painting. Painting with palette knife is a totally different experience. It takes time to get comfortable but it's fascinating once you begin to get the hang of it. What do you think? Do you like abstract/palette knife painting?


‘This post is a part of Blogchatter Half Marathon.’ 

Sharing with Paint Party Friday


28 comments:

  1. Wonderful painting and beautiful words, thanks for sharing! Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work, once again! That orange orb, the sun looks heavenly.
    -Leha

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just lovely! I would like to try my hand at this. Yours is wonderful! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Jean. I'm glad you liked it. :)

      Delete
  4. Was the image an inspiration behind your writing? It seems to be. Beautiful, both of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kind of. :) I'm so glad you like them. Thank you very much! 😊

      Delete
  5. Beautiful - both the painting and your words.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this Tarang, and I do love palette knife painting. I need to get back to it as it's been awhile:) Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. Would love to see your palette knife painting. :)

      Delete
  7. Love your palette knife painting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE THIS! Yes it takes a minute to get use to the knife but it looks like you got it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Means a lot. Yes, it's fun. 😊

      Delete
  9. I think it's just beautiful. I tried palette painting once and had a very hard time with it. For me anyway, it takes practice. And I love the words your wrote too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it takes some time to get comfortable. I have ruined a couple of paintings. ☺️
      Thank you very much!

      Delete
  10. Nice touching words - like a short story in fact! And the painting is really nice too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked it. Thank you very much, Brinda! 😊

      Delete
  11. I wonder how our words would change if we knew it was going to be our last conversation. Bittersweet story.

    ReplyDelete
  12. you paint so beautifully... that's so beautiful.. i love the sea too.. miss it.. dearly

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is beautiful, words and painting! Thanks for sharing! I never tried palette knife painting.

    ReplyDelete