Wednesday, September 13, 2017

My Dearest Book, I Wrote You A Poem!



A dream in my hands
An eager step towards a
Beautiful journey

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

My dearest,
On a lonely, sunny afternoon
A few murmurs, a blurred vision
Floated in my mind
You stirred
A figment of imagination,
An ephemeral dream, I presumed
You smiled, a promising smile that stuck
Refusing to go away
You made me restless
But brought solace too
Giving me a new horizon
You, my little precious book, encouraged 
With a million quirky thoughts
Embracing me and promising, yet again
A new, beautiful journey




Imaginary Garden invites us to write a poem, dedicated to our dearest book. As a first time author, of course, my dearest book is my own book, We Will Meet Again. It was a great learning experience and the connection I developed with my book and characters while writing is exceptionally special!

I loved this idea! Do you like this idea? Then write a poem for your dearest book, and share. :)


Sharing With Haiku My Heart


   

8 comments:

  1. Lovely, outstanding thought. I am sure I will be talking to my book too one day. You live with it, you protect it, and the book knows you so well. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your book has to be your best friend to whom you can talk. It has to be closest to you since you put your soul in wrting it. This is sucha wonderful thought to write to your book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Varsha: Glad you like the idea. I'm sure you too will be talking to your book, soon. I wish you all very best! :)

    @ Aesha: Oh yes! Books are best friends, and your own book is the dearest. Glad you liked it. Thanks for reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful specially that bit on 'you made me restless but brought me solace too'. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved this, specially that bit on 'you made me restless but brought me solace too'. That's a lovely thought.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Truly a wonderful idea. Our emotions are at their best when we connect with something we so dearly love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good conversation here Tarang

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting prompt, and lovely poem, Tarang. :)

    ReplyDelete