Friday, September 13, 2019

Watercolor Painting: Minimalism









'Simplicity, clarity, singleness: These are the attributes that give our lives power and vividness and joy as they are also the marks of great art.'

—Richard Holloway

Recently, I participated in an art challenge where we needed to paint using single colour {Monochromatic art}. And I really enjoyed that. Actually, I have realized that our painting sessions are much better if we use limited colours. That we {especially beginners like me} get a little confused when we use several colours for a painting.


What do you think? Do you like using limited colour palette or enjoy/like experimenting using different colours?

Sharing one more artwork I painted recently. I am not good at painting mountains but I like this one. And it's not minimalistic. :)



Sharing with Paint Party Friday


15 comments:

  1. Happy PPF Tarang. Your artwork is lovely and the landscape serene. Those mountains are very beautiful - it has distance. Cheers :D)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful watercolor paintings Tarang! I prefer more color but do enjoy the challenge of going minimal or monochromatic too. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are such lovely landscapes Tarang...Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are both gorgeous - the first is my favourite though. Lovely pops of colour. Happy PPF from Number 18 :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol, love both trees and landscape. Both wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my...these pieces, both of them, fill my eyes--which is the greatest compliment I can give.

    ReplyDelete