Saturday, May 9, 2020

Paintings: Nature in Black & White

Black and white combination has its own charm, no? Like black and white photographs. And these days I'm really fascinated by Black & White paintings. They look very striking. So, I tried. One in Acrylic medium and another in Watercolour.



Image

Waterfall in Black and White

For this painting, I followed a Youtube tutorial by Joni Young (Again. Like my last Secret Staircase painting. She explains everything so well and so calmly). It turned out well, I think. The artist said it's a morning scene in Black & White. To me, it seemed like a moonlit night scene. :) What do you think?


A Forest Scene in Black & White

Watercolour medium is dear to me, as I started with this medium. I never thought that I would enjoy painting in acrylic medium, but I am really enjoying. It's a forgiving medium. It's been a long time since I painted in watercolours, so I decided to get back to watercolours. I didn't use any reference photo for this painting. And I am clueless when it comes to painting without reference photo. I have mixed feelings for this painting. Plus, I am not good at sketching figures, still I wanted to go for it (at the risk of ruining my painting). What do you think about this painting?




22 comments:

  1. Your paintings are both wonderful, your style is great. Fabulous work. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like them both! My first thought about the first one was moonlit, but I think it could be seen as either. I think you are being too critical of your second one. It doesn’t appear you were clueless without a reference photo, and your figures are perfect. They don’t need sketching first, they look like figures! What did you paint on, canvas, paper, etc.?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Barbara for your kind words. I'm so glad the figures look like A couple. I used Brustro watercolour paper for both acrylic and watercolour paintings. :)

      Delete
  3. Oh wow-Tarang-both are beautiful!!! I LOVE the second painting especially. It is VERY good! The figures are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Debra! You're too kind. :)

      Delete
  4. Your forest piece in black and white is very becoming.
    PPF

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I work A LOT in black and white. There is something magical about it. Your pieces are wonderful. I also like Joni Young. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, it looks like a moon lit sky and the sky is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you so much for this feel good comment. I though I was clueless while painting that one.:)

      Delete
  8. these are both gorgeous Tarang!! You really know how to work the values to get depth. Well done! happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for your kind words, Linda! :)

    ReplyDelete