Sunday, March 9, 2014

Book-Review: Sorting Out Sid by Yashodhara Lal


Finished reading Sorting Out Sid by Yashodhara Lal (Harper Collins India), author of bestselling novel 'Just Married, Please Excuse'. It's my first book by the author but after reading this book, I'm very much interested in reading her first book!

Sorting Out Sid is obviously about Sid (Siddharth Agarwal), an easygoing person and the youngest (36) VP of his company. After 15 years long togetherness with Mandira, who detests his female friends, his marriage is on the rocks and the couple, once deeply in love with each other, seems to have become estranged.

Apart from the growing tension at home, Sid @ Work has to tackle irritating boss and colleagues. His only solace is his best buddy Aditi.

In this mishmash, when Aditi introduces him to a smart, petite single mother Neha, Sid strangely expects some change, peace and happiness in his life.

Is Sid's life really going to change for good?  Who said it'd be easy Sorting Out Sid? Find out in this really interesting book!

After finishing the first chapter, I knew it won't be easy Sorting Out Sid.

The plot of this book is very common and simple but I believe that execution of the story, nice writing style and enjoyable incidents make a book interesting, and the author has very interesting writing style. The narration is very easy going that sometimes I felt I was talking to someone. I loved the humour and wit this book! Normal incident suddenly takes a funny twist and you'll find yourself smiling.

There is no drama. The story flows very lightly and naturally. I really liked the end. I loved the unique pattern of book cover! There are some small parts I found a little slow but overall, for me, it was a light, funny enjoyable read!

You can interact with the author on Twitter and read her interesting blog (Link above)!



This review is a part of Indiblogger Book Review Programme in association with Harper Collins India. I truly thank them for the review copy!







No comments:

Post a Comment