Friday, July 2, 2021

Acrylic Painting: Working on Black Canvas

 


When I painted on a black canvas for the first time, it wasn't a choice. Frankly, I didn't understand how it works, working on a black canvas. But then one day I ruined a painting. Didn't want to waste the canvas so I painted it black and decided to paint over it.

It was a wonderful surprise, as I found it really fascinating the way colours pop up. 

I painted this painting on a black canvas, again, because I ruined a painting. Also, it's an experiment. I wanted to capture the night life on the hills. Wondering if I managed to capture it. What do you think?

Also, I have started to record painting videos and started a painting channel, on a whim. Sometimes it's okay to do things without planning. You can watch my short videos, if you feel like. Please share your honest feedback, in case you watch. Thank you.





            👇 Video for this 👆 painting




‘This post is a part of Blogchatter Half Marathon.’ 

Sharing with Paint Party Friday



28 comments:

  1. Beautiful Tarang! Your artworks are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice painting ...nice thing you started a channel have shared it with my daughter she is avid painter, she is 13 and she paints at least 1 painting in 2 to 3 days. It will hep her thanks....! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. That's so sweet of you! :)

      Delete
  3. I really love that "hand art" that was so cool. I like your painting. I learned to paint on black canvas (actually canvas with black gesso painted on top) from watching Bob Ross. With oils it really changes the look of each colour and it's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I also paint the canvas with black colours. Thank you for your nice comment! :)

      Delete
  4. This is wonderful. I really like painting on black canvas. Nice videos too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are growing so much in your art!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so kind of you to say so. Thank you! :)

      Delete
  6. Love the artwork! The piece you made is great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are so talented! The video is awesome. it reminds me of some cartoons I used to watch as a kid - Bugs Bunny "paints" much like what you did in the first few seconds and tada! there's a painting all done! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 😊 Thank you so much! And thank you for watching the video. :)

      Delete
  8. Fabulous art! Happy PPF and have a great weekend! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a beautiful painting and you've captured dusk and the evening so well. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the black canvas painting, with its great reflections
    The videos are enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words and thank you for watching. :)

      Delete
  11. Wow - love this. The seascape on black is so cool! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  12. look your hills in the night, looks just right.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful
    So many beautiful things are discovered by accident

    ReplyDelete