Tuesday, December 26, 2023

My English Translation of Manjul Nigam's Beautiful Poem


Image: My Painting (acrylic on canvas)



Top post on Blogchatter


So I found this beautiful poem on Twitter, beautifully recited by Sanjeev Paliwal Ji, and felt like translating it. You can listen to the rendition HERE)
So, here it goes:



मंजुल निगम जी की कविता:

अलसुबह मुझे जगाते हैं
तुम्हारे ख़्वाब, 
मेरी उम्मीदें
मेरे ढेरों अरमां
और हौले से ले जाते हैं मुझे

तुम्हारी प्रतीक्षा के द्वार तक। 

मैं आँख बन्द कर 

हो जाता हूँ 

प्रतीक्षारत 

जैसे कोई भक्त 

करता हैं निर्जला व्रत 

और फिर आहिस्ता-आहिस्ता 

बजने लगती है 

तुम्हारी पायल

जैसे मंदिर की घण्टियां 

मैं अंतर्रात्मा से 

महसूस करने लगता हूँ

तुम्हारा अहसास,

तुम्हारी सुगंध, 

तुम्हारा सानिध्य

लेकिन डरता हूँ 

आँखे खोलते ही

कहीं तुम हो न जाओ 

अंतर्ध्यान 

इसलिए तुम्हें महसूसते हुए ही

हो जाता हूँ तृप्त 

तुम्हारे मिलने से

तुम्हारे पुन: मिलने तक....



My English translation:


Your dreams,

my hopes and myriad desires,

wake me at the break of dawn.

And usher me gently

towards the doorway

where I wait for you.

I close my eyes 

and stand waiting,

like a devotee

observing a stringent fast.

And then,

your anklets chime delicately

A melodic tune,

like bells tinkling in a temple.

My soul senses your presence,

your fragrance,

your closeness…

But I fear

what if I open my eyes

and you vanish?

That's why I let this feeling

linger and gratify my senses.

Until I meet you again…



Sharing with blogchatter




No comments:

Post a Comment