Friday, February 26, 2021

Landscape: Intuitive Finger Painting




Experiments can be so frustrating at times. But, anyway, hold on to it. They teach you a lot. Mostly, what 'not-to-do' (and it's important to know that).

And that's why I am experimenting these. The above painting is an intuitive finger painting (I did use a brush to create small branches though). I took a blank canvas and started smearing colours on it, using my palm and fingers. I had no idea what I was doing. What I was going to paint. I let it rest for a day and restarted working on it. It took me three days to finally figure out a scene.

Have you ever tried it?

Talking about experiments, I tried my first still life painting. It looks childish and I realized it's not my genre. 


What do you think? Any tips?

Currently, I'm working on a beach scene. Trying to follow a cool, beautiful reference photo. I personally struggle to follow a reference photo. I feel it starts to control my creativity. What do you think? Restrictions restrict or boost creativity? Share your thoughts?


Sharing with Paint Party Friday



20 comments:

  1. I like both paintings. The finger painting is fabulous. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of intuitive painting, and you did so well! :) It's really nice. I'm not big on still life either, it's really not my thing, but yours looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your experimenting has yielded some awesome results. My yo[ would be to keep experimenting!

    by EAGHL
    https://trigra.blotspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful paintings. Love the first one. Anesha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work, you are always growing so much in your art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words, Christine! :)

      Delete
  6. Fantastic finger painting, you did really well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How beautiful is your intuitive nature painting- I love it! Good job on the still life. Not something I personally enjoy painting. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful finger painting!!! Happy PPF, Elke

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love what you created. I have done a few small pieces like that but nothing serious. It is fun and I like what you did. It is nice to start out blank and see what happens. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, it is fun. Glad you like it. Thank you! :)

      Delete