Monday, May 28, 2012

You were my crush : by Durjoy Datta and Orvana Ghai






Recently finished ‘You were my crush’ by Durjoy Datta and Orvana Ghai. This is my second book by Durjoy Datta.

'You were my crush' is about Binoy, a wealthy careless brat. He misses her mother immensely who died of cancer a year ago. He shares an estranged relationship with his father though he uses all the amenities provided by him. He bribes his professors to get good marks as he doesn’t bother to attend college.

His life changes after he meets Diya who later becomes his best friend. He develops huge crush on Shaina, Diya’s very pretty sister, after having a look on her facebook profile. As he meets Shaina, he realizes that it’s not just a fling but he genuinely loves her. Meanwhile, his relationship with his dad grows positively. But it becomes complicated when Shaina shows interest in him but loves someone else and is ready to marry him.

How much complications he is going to face? Will he get the love of his life? You were my crush is all about that.

The story is very ordinary but I would say it is well executed (As usual, I just have problems with the abusive language he uses in his books). The end is a bit immature. Over all, I won’t consider this a ‘must read types’ but for me it was a simple and okay read.


5 comments: