Sunday, September 16, 2018

Practising Watercolours




Practice. Not sure about perfection, but practice helps you learn new things/techniques. I have realized that I am not just a beginner but a lazy beginner. I don't practice when it comes to watercolour painting. I just want to 'Paint' something instead of doing rough works. 

Recently, inspired by an Instagram tutorial, I tried an 'Oh-So-Easy' looking hanging flower but it turned out really bad and clumsy. You see, I'm just not a flower person. But, I was so disappointed.
So, I painted a landscape & realized that landscapes work well for me.

I painted this ---


However, I've noticed that when it comes to watercolour paintings, I have no imagination {I'm good, sometimes weird/strange, as a writer though :)}. I always need reference photo. This painting is inspired by Shilpa Garg's {One of my blogger friends} photo.

Well, that doesn't mean I didn't practice at all. I am trying to be a good learner. Inspired by a Youtube video, I tried some rough works. Here it is ---



That's all from my side. How do you like my efforts? Please tell me. As a beginner, it means a lot.

Sharing with: Paint Party Friday



11 comments:

  1. I think you are doing great. I too have a hard time with water color and was lucky enough to win a scholarship to our community college for watercolor painting. I can't wait for it to start. Practice practice practice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, practice. Thank you!
      Congratulations and all the best. :)

      Delete
  2. You have a lovely painting here. The wave has movement...the color palette, soft and pleasing. It is beautiful.
    Happy PPF ๐ŸŽจ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jan for noticing the details and your kind words. It means a lot, coming from you. :)

      Delete
  3. I think your watercolor art is lovely! happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your watercolor is wonderful and your rough works are promising. I too prefer to work with some reference.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is a novelty in this work, if you are a beginner. I think you can go ahead and it won't disappoint the viewers.

    ReplyDelete