Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Book-Review: Sorry You're Not My Type by Sudeep Nagarkar




Finished reading "Sorry You're Not My Type" (Random House India) by Sudeep Nagarkar.

It says: All relationship should come with a precautionary warning 'Handle with care'! I totally agree with this thought!

The story tells about three totally different people who come together for the final audition of Rajhans College Music Band.

Vikrant, a serious dedicated type, who believes that Love happens only once and there's someone, somewhere exclusively for you. Anamika, a jovial lively girl who dares to stand up for her beliefs. And Yuvi, a die hard music lover and so called devoted lover.

This book is about friendship, chasing dreams, love and infatuation.

The author has defined the mood of the characters really well. The story line is nice, but this theme was not very interesting for me. The book cover is very attractive. This is my first book by the author. I found the writing style a little immature especially introduction of the characters. I felt I was reading an essay about that particular character.

I liked the Band name VAYU and lines dedicated to it which goes as,

Jo tumhaari neende udaaye
Kwaab hai sachcha wahi
Jo tumhaari neendon mein aaye
Kwaab wo sachcha nahin

I truly believe this!

Overall, I would say sorry it was not my type! But for youngsters, who like reading 'campus' stories about love and friendship, this book could be a nice interesting read!


I've received this book from the publisher for an honest review. Thanks Random reads!






2 comments:

  1. That was a genuine post, Tarang. I guess it isn't my type as well.

    I am currently reading '21 New Beginnings' by Viveik Pandit and it is a wonderful read. If you get time, do give it a read. The author silently teaches us so much about writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Will try to read this. Thanks for sharing...:)

      Delete