Saturday, August 20, 2016

My Bookish Feelings.




Recently, I visited a blog Rain and a Book by Sreesha who posts honest reviews. Her latest post was about her bookish thoughts, which was inspired by Lata's This Post. On both blogs I found this interesting bookish thoughts, and decided to do it.

So, here goes my Bookish Feelings!



A book you’ve read more than once: I usually don’t reread books. But two books fall under this category. This Matter of Marriage byDebbie Macomber. Shukra Grah Par Dhava by Professor Diwakar.

A book you would take on a desert island: How would I manage with just one book? It would be all Books in my To Be Read list.

A book that made you cry: Books don’t make me cry. But, books that tug at my heartstrings were ‘Me Before You by Jojo Moyes’ and ‘A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini.

A book that scared you: None.

A book that made you laugh out loud: I’ve Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella.

A book that disgusted you: Sita’s Curse by Shreemoyee Piu Kundu

A book you loved in preschool: Er…I don’t remember.

A book you loved in elementary school: Nandan and Comics (Mostly by Cartoonist Pran)

A book you loved in middle school: Sitaaron Se Aage by Krishna Chander.

A book you loved in high school:  AalamPanah by Rafia Manjurul Ameen & Gunahoon Ka Devta by Dharmveer Bharti.

A book you hated in high school: None. Or I don’t remember.

A book you loved in college: Swami by Sharatchandra and Datta by Sharatchandra. 

A book that challenged your identity: None I can think of. I think I don't get this question. 

A series that you love: Stranger Series by Novoneel Chakraborty.

Your favorite horror book: Haven’t read many; it has to be Frankly Spooking by Sri.

Your favorite science fiction book: I don’t read them now. Used to enjoy in school days. Professor Diwaakar books especially Samay Ke Swaami & Shukra Grah Par Dhaava.

Your favorite fantasy book: I don’t enjoy them. So, it has to be Sitaaron Se Aage that I had read as a child.

Your favorite mystery: Rebecca.

Your favorite biography: Reading my first. My Story (an autobiography) by Kamala Das.

Your favorite classic: I’m not much into classics. So, it has to be Rebecca, the only classic I enjoyed immensely!

Your favorite romance book: This Matter of Marriage by Debbie Macomber and Alam Panah. Gone With The Wind, maybe.

Your favorite book not on this list: The Palace of Illusions by Chitra Divakaruni.

Your favorite translated book: Love Virtually by Daniel Glattauer.

What book are you currently reading: My Story by Kamala Das and Crème Brulee by Ramona Sen.

What book have you been meaning to read: Every Seventh Wave (The sequel to Love Virtually) by Daniel Glattauer.


Enjoyed reading this list? Want to do it? Please share your links if you plan to do.








No comments:

Post a Comment