Monday, July 20, 2020

5 Books I Read And Loved Recently: A Guest Post By Sudesna Ghosh


Reading is a beautiful addiction. And talking or reading about books is so joyful. So, today we are going to talk about books. Sudesna Ghosh  writes a guest post for my blog. Welcome, Sue.

Sue is an avid reader, a cat lady and a prolific author. Her latest short story 'A Lockdown Story' is such a thoughtful and well written story. 

Okay, over to Sue. 











Call me a bookworm, a book addict, or an avid reader – that’s what I’ve been since my childhood and I’m proud of it. Starting from trips to the local libraries with my mother to picking up books at the Scholastic book fairs in elementary school in the United States, and now splurging my income on kindle books, I have been happiest in the world of books.

In adulthood, writing books and reading books are my most time-consuming activities. No surprise there! In fact, I’m pretty sure that my reading habit is the reason I can write decently. Some people say that I write well. Thank you to the books and the authors who create them!

Today, I’ve had a hard time putting together a list of five titles that I’ve enjoyed reading recently. It’s so hard to choose favourites but no blog post can take my endless list. So here goes:




The Little Teashop in Tokyo by Julie Caplin – I discovered Julie Caplin and her amazing books on my Twitter feed. This is her latest book and the timing was perfect for me because 2020 was the year I was planning a trip to Japan. The virus ruined my plans but Julie’s book allowed me some beautiful armchair travel. She taught me things about Japanese culture, the famous tea ceremony, and the cultural scenario in modern Japan – while simultaneously treating me to a sweet romantic escapade.





Honeymoon for One by Portia MacIntosh – Portia’s books are fun. They are always fun and this book was no different. While I don’t like reading much about cheating boyfriends, the author’s treatment of each scene was too hilarious to feel sad about it. The hero was super hot and the side characters were fun too!



The Flat Share by Beth O’ Leary – This book was worth a re-read. I was dying to know how a book could carry on with the hero and heroine not meeting for what seemed like ages! The plot was unique and the romance was so sweet. It was all about finding true love in an unlikely situation.





Willow’s Wedding Vows by Debbie Viggiano – This book was full of deception and mystery BUT it wasn’t your regular cheating fiancé story. Debbie put in an air of mystery throughout the book until the very end where I was shocked by the twist! Lots of suspense and a strong heroine that made me put it down only after I was finished.





The Life of Geraldine X by Mary Werner – I may have mentioned this in multiple posts recently but I just LOVE books with heroines in their 30s. This book has a female protagonist who is ‘past marriageable age’, independent, successful in her own right, and snarky too. The story starts with her coming across a CD with another woman’s psychic reading and goes into her journey with mid-life dating and romance. It’s so honest and so real.


Thank you, Sue for sharing.
It's an interesting list, isn't it? Have you read any of these?



1 comment: