Sunday, January 17, 2021

Acrylic Finger Painting

 






There's something about this painting. No, I'm not saying it's an extraordinary painting. But it's an experiment. It's an acrylic painting (on canvas), and I painted this using my fingers. It was my first attempt and it wasn't very successful, as I couldn't complete the painting using my fingers and after creating the background and textures of trees, I had to pick my brush.

Now, watching painting videos on YouTube is one of my favourite activity. So I saw a wonderful artist painting a beautiful scenery using her palm and fingers. It was so fascinating. So I decided to try. Yesterday, I thought to try again. And I just finished this piece. 



I did use brush to create branches but it's mainly a finger painting.

I really like the textures it creates. What do you think? Have you ever tried painting with your palms and fingers? Or have you ever tried any unconventional method of painting?

Also, I was checking the cadmium yellow. I switched to Liquitex Basics brand recently, and tried Cad yellow for the first time. But it seems quite transparent. Even Burnt Umber seems transparent. I'm not sure whether it's the colour or the brand.


Sharing with Paint Party Friday
                         Blogchatter





11 comments:

  1. Wow, these are wonderful and painted with fingers!! Must give this a try. Thanks for the visit. Anesha x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful finger paintings. I have never tried that...actually because I do not like getting my hands all dirty with paint. I sound like a cleanliness freak...but I'm not. I recently tried shapers for painting and I really liked them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 😊 That's okay. I tried with palette knife but realized that it doesn't work for me. Thank you very much! :)

      Delete
  3. Love the trees painting. I have tried painting with fingers but it wasn't very successful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!
      That's okay. We experiment and understand what works/doesn't work for us. :)

      Delete
  4. You're quite an artist Tarang. I loved both.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both of these. Yes, I use my fingers, palms, the backside of my hand to paint with. I like it so much. Getting right into the paint. I think you did a spectacular job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I enjoy this process. Thank you very much! :)

      Delete
  6. Wonderful painting using your hands ~ Wow!

    Moment by moment,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete