Saturday, May 4, 2024

क्या लिखूँ: My Hindi Translation of Leha's Poem

 

                              My painting



Original poem by Leha


Today I thought about what I should write;

Shall I write about the morning rays dancing through my window panes?

Or about the little plant sprouting in the pot by the ledge?

I could write about the cool breeze that makes the leaves rustle

Or about those long lost journeys with nothing but emptiness ahead.

Shall I write about those lazy summer afternoons under the shady trees?

Or those cozy winter days wrapped in fairy tales?

I could write about sleeping under the stars with the soft grass beneath me

Or walking through the park and hearing the swings creak and laughter ring.

Maybe I should write about sand tickling my feet at the seashore,

Or about how I wonder where the horizon is.

I could write about the rain splattering on the floor of my patio

Or of the silence and chaos of my heart

Shall I write about all the things I want to say to you?

Shall I write about things you know and things you’ve never heard?

How shall I write about everything and nothing, all at once?

How shall I write about an ocean and a drop, all at once?

How shall I…  How shall I write?



My Hindi Translation



सोचती हूँ कि मैं क्या लिखूं?


क्या मैं अपनी खिड़की के शीशे पर थिरकती

सुनहरी धूप के बारे में लिखूं,

या कि उस नन्हे से पौधे के बारे में

जो रेलिंग पर टिके उस गमले में उग आया है?


या फिर मैं उस ठंडी बयार के बारे में लिख सकती हूं जो उन पत्तियों को सहलाती हैं।


या उस लंबे, ग़ुम-शुदा से सफर का ज़िक्र करूँ

जिसकी मंज़िल एक खालीपन है?


क्या मैं पेड़ की छाँव में सुस्ताती 

अलसाई सी गर्मी की दोपहर के बारे में लिखूं,

या परियों की कहानियों में लिपटे,

सुकून भरे जाड़ों की बात करूँ?


मैं उस रात के बारे में लिख सकती हूँ 

जब मैं नर्म घास पर, तारों के नीचे सोई थी।


या उस रोज़ की,

जब झूलों की चरमराहट और

हँसी की खनखनाहट के बीच

मैं पार्क में चहलकदमी कर रही थी।


या शायद मुझे उस रेत के बारे में लिखना चाहिए

जो साहिल पर मेरे पैरों को गुदगुदाती हैं।

या फिर क्षितिज को लेकर अपनी उत्सुकता व्यक्त करूँ?


मैं बारिश की उन बूंदों के बारे में लिख सकती हूँ

जो मेरे आंगन में टिप् टिप् बरसती हैं।

या फिर अपने मन की खामोशी और शोर को बयां कर दूं?


क्या मैं वो सारी बातें लिख दूं

जो मैं तुमसे कहना चाहती हूँ?


क्या मैं वो सब लिख दूं जो तुम जानते हो,

और वो भी जिसका तुम्हें अंदाज़ा तक नहीं?


ऐसा कैसे हो कि मैं सबकुछ लिख दूं

और कुछ भी ना लिखूं?

ऐसा कैसे हो कि मैं समंदर और बूंद 

को एक साथ लिख डालूं?


कैसे,

मैं कैसे लिखूं?





Sharing with Blogchatter


No comments:

Post a Comment