Monday, November 25, 2013

Book-Review: Ex by Novoneel Chakraborty



Finished reading "Ex" by Novoneel Chakraborty. This is my third book by the author.

Honestly speaking, I didn't find first few pages interesting. But as the story progressed it gripped my interest till the end.

Ex, with a tagline 'A twisted love story' is indeed a twisted love story! The story revolves around Neel, an aspiring author, who meets Nivrita, commissioning editor of a leading publishing house in Jaipur Literary Festival. She says she is Neel's 'Ex' but Neel doesn't remember a single thing about this girl.

Although, Neel is in a very stable relationship with Titiksha, her girlfriend and living-in partner, he finds himself strongly attracted towards Nivrita.

 Nivrita makes a tempting offer to Neel which he can't refuse. In this new journey with this mysterious girl Neel finds himself jumbled in some mysterious situations that gradually unfold some surprising and shocking reality about Nivrita, Titiksha and his own life.

Umm...the overall story is dramatic and many of you may find it unrealistic but the best part of this story is it's excellent execution that makes it a wonderful read. The author has managed to carry the suspense till the end very skillfully that you may want to finish it in just one go.

If I talk about negatives, then apart from few initial pages, that I found a bit dull and confusing, I didn't like the manuscript portion. Leafing through some pages, unfortunately, didn't make much difference. (In my case, it could be the font also. Yes, it disturbs me if the font is not nice. It's in courier font. I think it could have been done in italics). There are 2-3 printing mistakes.

Over all, it's an interesting blend of romance, suspense, murder and mystery. It's an interesting and engrossing read! I highly recommend this book to all the fiction lovers especially those who like reading romance and suspense.


I got this book from Random House India (Random Reads) for an unbiased review!



No comments:

Post a Comment