Thursday, August 7, 2014

Book Review: Fade Into Red by Reshma K Barshikar



I don't travel much, but I really like travel stories. Actually, films like Zindagi Na Milegi Dobaara, Highway and Queen made me love such stories. They are always about "living life to the fullest", adventure and self-exploration.

Fade Into Red by Reshma K Barshikar says,

The road to true happiness is almost as elusive as that perfect glass of Chianti..."

Fade Into Red tells an interesting story of Ayra, an investment banker and aspiring art historian, who travels to Italy for the deal of a vineyard for a star client Ishaan Malhotra, putting an important get-together with her fiance Karthik's family on hold. In this journey, with different people and experiences, Ayra explores her life and her own capabilities. But she inexplicably feels unsure about her relationship with Karthik.

The book is written in a very smart way. The narration is crisp, and a touch of humour adds some spice. I really liked the character of Ayra. Others characters are nicely sketched but I found Ishaan's character a little vague. I wanted more clear picture of his character.

Readers may get distracted by various unfamiliar terms and very long chapter titles. The painting like book cover is nice but I think it could have been more vibrant considering the subject of the book.

Overall, for me it was a nice and interesting read. Give it a shot if you like reading light fiction!


I received this book from Random House India for an honest review.


No comments:

Post a Comment