Tuesday, April 4, 2017

My Favourite Non-Fiction Books (Even Though I Don't Enjoy Reading NF)


I am an avid reader, but I enjoy reading fiction. I am not fond of non-fiction, but interestingly, I have read some non-fiction that really turned out to be interesting, insightful and helpful. Here, I am sharing four non-fiction books that I really liked. Moreover, you can re-read these books for motivation anytime, any chapter.

Kissing the Demon by Amrita Kumar (Harper Collins India)

Image result for kissing the demons by amrita kumar

I received this book from Writer's Melon for an honest review. As a writer, I find writing tips/quotes interesting. So, there was no reason to not get this book to read. And, I'm glad I read this book. You can read my detailed review, '6 Reasons Kissing the Demon is a Must Have For Writers' on Writer's Melon's website.




Don't Diet - 50 Habits of Thin People by Kavita Devgan (Jaico Books)

Kavita Devgan is one of the nicest person I have ever known (online - yes, I have never met her). When I got a chance to review this book, I grabbed it immediately as I find the theme of health and fitness interesting. However, there are chances that such books turn to be preachy, factual and boring, but here this books scores high. The author's friendly voice makes it interesting and motivating read. You can read my review (4 Reasons Don't Diet Will Keep You Motivated For Weight LossHere. Must have for those who are conscious about health and fitness.



Our Moon Has Blood Clots by Rahul Pandita (Penguin Random House)

This was the first non-fiction that I read. I found the title intriguing (and, for me, title matters). It's a memoir - deep and touching, enlightening and sometimes, shocking!

If you are interested in the history of Kashmir, you must read this. You can read my review Here



Everything You Wanted to Know About Freelance Journalism by Kavitha Rao and Charukesi Ramadurai (Westland Books)

Kavitha Rao is a very successful freelance writer who frequently writes for international markets. If you are a new or aspiring freelance writer/journalist, you must read this book. It would be really helpful as it carries several tips and ideas of successful (International level) freelance writers. Will help you to understand the national and international market.

Have you read any of these? How did you like them? Which one is your favourite non-fiction?





2 comments:

  1. Like you, I am not a non-fiction fan. Fiction is what I love. But still on and off, I do read some non-fiction. For your list, I'd like to check out Don't Diet - 50 Habits of Thin People by Kavita Devgan. Thanks for sharing, Tarang :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do read it and share your views. Thanks Shilpa for reading and sharing my post.

    ReplyDelete