Saturday, August 25, 2018

Watercolour Painting: Landscapes {Beach & Hills}

I am a writer/author who has developed a keen interest in watercolour painting. These days, I find myself engrossed in watercolour painting --- painting, watching tutorials or thinking about paintings. 

I am a beginner and I like it. Making mistakes and learning. 

'Dare to make mistakes. It's the best way to learn.' Isn't it?

I bought new watercolour papers, colours and brush set. I feel excited like a kid. I sent the pictures of my paintings to my brother. 'Very nice!' he said. Then added, 'It seems your writing is not going well.'

I said, 'You got it right!' :)

This interest is actually strange. It's almost like writing or reading.






I painted these {two attempts as I am a beginner however, it didn't make any difference, I think. :)} It was for a watercolor challenge on Instagram where we needed to recreate a reference photo. 

This was the reference photo.


Then I tried to recreate a photo that one of my blogger friends, Shalini, posted on Instagram. Trying to recreate real photos is challenging yet fun.


And then I painted this beach scene.


I am a mountain person, any day. But, beach pictures are cool so painted this. 2.5 attempts & didn't want to paint the same thing again. Some other time, for sure! 

I've realized that if you are an aspiring/new artist, Instagram can be a great platform. There are so many painting tutorials/challenges and interesting handles to follow. As a beginner, it's an inspiring place for me {never thought I'd say this as a few months back, I was not really interested in Instagram}.


Sharing with Paint Party Friday



22 comments:

  1. These paintings are so very lovely! It can be fun to explore a new media and you're doing wonderfully with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Lisa for your encouraging words! :)

      Delete
  2. You have truly captured the likeness of your reference photo in your paintings.
    I also enjoyed your other art pieces.

    Happy PPF 🎨

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, these are so beautiful- as I AM a beach person through and through!! Great job with the photo inspiration:) I am pretty new to Instagram too but am loving it. And now as I'm typing this I have just found you and am following:) Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Linda! I have realized that using a photo reference {while painting} works for me. :)

      Delete
  4. They are lovely watercolour scenes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful paintings! Happy PPF, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are wonderful. You have done a wonderful job of capturing the scene (and watercolor is not easy). I hope you have many years exploring your creative side. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your words are very encouraging, Susan. Thank you so much! :)

      Delete
  7. These are really pretty! Serene and calm feeling :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great paintings. I think you did a fine job on them. Watercolors for me are very difficult so well done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It seems so real and soothing to mind.

    ReplyDelete