Friday, January 18, 2019

Watercolour Painting: Trying Different Things

I am a beginner --a self-taught watercolourist. I'm trying to practice and learn different things, however I always fear that I'll ruin my painting if I try to experiment. If you are a beginner, in any field, you can relate ---we want good results always, right?

This year, I decided to fight my fear of going wrong. Ruined 4-5 paintings, yes. But learned and managed okayish paintings.


I am not confident enough to paint on big sized paper. I usually paint on A5 size and even A4 seems big to me. But, I tried this painting on A4 size paper. I think I managed OK.

Also, I am trying to paint sunlight, shadows, figures and reflections. And salt technique. Here are some paintings I tried.



Do you like them? Do they look like sunshine and reflections? Are you trying something different? Do you have any suggestions? Please share.

Sharing with Paint Party Friday




16 comments:

  1. Beautiful scene paintings.
    Happy PPF xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! Thank you for sharing photos of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are learning a lot, beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are beautiful- you're doing so well with your watercolor scenes! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Watercolour takes time to master. My advice, for what it's worth, is not to fear it - go with it, let loose and enjoy. These are lovely paintings. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right! I'm trying to fight my fear {Of ruining the paintings}. Thank you so much! :)

      Delete
  6. These are great. Love the forest and sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  7. You seem to be doing well, I like them.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your paintings look great, the sun thru the trees is awesome. Keep going. . you find new things and way to paint. Blessings, Janet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like it. Thank you so much, Janet! :)

      Delete