Saturday, December 26, 2020

Experimenting With Acrylics (Rain & Fire)

 

Does it look like it's raining?

Fear of going wrong...It stops us from experimenting. And we don't realize that it's stopping us from growing.

I have always wanted to paint a rainy scene and fire. But I was always scared that I would ruin my painting. If I were painting with watercolours, I would certainly have ruined it but even when I started painting with acrylics in January, I was so worried about ruining my painting and wasting the canvas and colours. Even though I knew acrylic is forgiving.

But now, I have decided to experiment. Interestingly, the results are better when we are not really bothered about the results. Just try and experiment. So, I painted a rainy scene. 

And fire. It's a tiny one but still I like the effect. I'll paint more. Also, I reused a canvas for this painting (as I was not happy with the painting I did earlier).


So, do you worry about the results when painting? Is there anything you really want to paint?


Sharing with Paint Party Friday



14 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Tarang! :) I think your rain and fire are wonderful. YES, fear has stopped me in the past, but now I pretty much go for any challenge that is in front of me when I can! Great paintings!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Rain! Hope you had a lovely Christmas. Stay well. :)

      Delete
  2. Both so atmospheric and yes the first does show signs of rain, beautiful works of art.
    Happy Paint Party Friday Christmas. Creative wishes Tracey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it does. Thank you, Tracey! Hope you had a joyful Christmas. Take care. :)

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous art work ~ it does look like it is raining ~ Happy Weekend to you,

    Live with love each moment,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Carol. Have a nice day.

      Have we met on Haiku My Heart? Your name seems familiar. :)

      Delete
  4. I think ruining a painting or any piece of art comes with being an artist ... doesn't stop us from trying though as it didn't stop you. Your results are beautiful :)

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two fabulous paintings, yes it's definitely raining.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great paintings...Yes, it does look that it's raining in the first one...

    ReplyDelete
  7. they are both very beautiful.
    Wishing you a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete