Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Hindi Translation of My Favourite Poems


Hindi Translation of my favourite English Poems


Everything I'm doing in my life is something I never thought I would do. Writing, painting and translation.

I have translated a book 'Don't You Quit' by Nishant Jain (Translated from Hindi: Ruk Jaana Nahin), published by Westland Books.

These days I'm enjoying translating my favourite English poems. Please share your thoughts if you are reading this.


My translation

मुझे उम्मीद है
कि इक रोज़ 
जब मैं कहीं नहीं हूंगी
कोई, कहीं
मेरी रूह से रूबरू होगा
यहीं, मेरी कहानियों के पन्नों में,
और सोचेगा
कि 'यही तो है वो, जिसे मैं
ता-उम्र ढ़ूंढ़ता रहा...'


My translation

मैं,
महसूस करती हूँ तुम्हें
उन उदास नज़्मों में
बारिश की आवाज़ में
शाम के सूनेपन में
सुस्त से इतवार में
भीनी मुस्कुराहटों में
और ऐसी ही जाने कितनी
छोटी-छोटी बातों में...




My translation

और शायद मैंने तुम्हें

चाहा था, किसी और जीवन में

और वादा किया था 

कि ढूंढ लूंगी तुम्हें

कहीं, ज़िन्दगी के उस पार।

या फिर शायद 

तुम हमेशा ही बसे थे

मेरे अवचेतन में,

मुझे अपने होने का एहसास दिलाते

मुसलसल

जबतक मैं तुम्हें ढ़ूंढ़ ना लूं।

क्या पता...

पर इतना पता है,

कि तुम्हें महसूस किया है,

उससे थोड़ा ज़्यादा

जितना महसूस करने की

इस ज़िन्दगी ने इजाज़त दी है।



For the first time, I recorded one of my Hindi stories 'इत्तेफ़ाक़' (thanks to Swati Khatri, a writer & poet and Varsha Kalelkar, a writer & life coach for the inspiration). Don't know why but I feel really attached to my Hindi stories.


It's my first attempt, so please excuse the mistakes (but do share your thoughts). You can listen to the story here.






8 comments:

  1. बहुत ही अच्छा लगा पढ़कर । मुझे हिंदी में कुछ ज्यादा ही अपनापन लगा । Chinmayee Gayatree Sahu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. बहुत शुक्रिया, पढ़ने के लिए और आपके इतने प्यारे कमेंट के लिए। 😊

      Delete
  2. Enjoyed the translations Tarang. You just inspired me to do this.
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading, Sonia. Would love to read yours. 😊

      Delete
  3. Tarang these are gorgeous. So beautifully put. I've said it before and I'll say it again - you make me fall in love with my mothertongue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Tulika! For reading and for this endearing comment. 💛

      Delete
  4. That's such a nice idea to translate your favorite poetries.
    And, yes glad to know that my poetry inspired you :)

    ReplyDelete