Friday, April 1, 2022

A: Audio Books (Blogchatter A2Z)



Never say never! 


I always thought I could never enjoy an audio book. Because as a reader, I need to 'read' the words, to see them. I want to read in silence, not listen to someone saying so many things for hours. 


But, I am listening to an audio book currently. I am listening to 'The Last Boy to Fall in Love' by Durjoy Datta (Hindi translation). I have read his books before, so yes he writes engaging stories, but I'm listening to this story on audible mainly because of Barun Sobti who has narrated the story. There's something about his voice and the way he is telling the story. I think, for an audio book, the voice and the style of the narration matter.


It's not like I haven't listened to a story before. I have listened to several Neelesh Misra stories on Yaadon Ka Idiot Box. Recently, I listened to a story 'Unconditional Love' by Dr. Gaurav Yadav, recited by Divya Prakash Dubey Ji on audible (one of the stories in a series called Postcard). But they are short stories, maybe 10-20 minutes long. 


So, The Last Boy to Fall in Love is technically my first audio book (full length novel). However, I am reading really slowly: one chapter a day. But I feel I will finish reading/listening to this book.


Do you enjoy audio books? Any favourite?



I'm participating in #BlogchatterA2Z



13 comments:

  1. Guess what! I wrote of audiobooks too but I have a completely different take on it. :P
    I am so glad that you enjoy listening to the books and I'd look forward to your recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Read and really liked your post. Thank you for reading and leaving a comment. :)

      Delete
  2. I recently started listening and I love audiobooks that are shorter. I can listen max 2-3 hours story. My recent favorite was Insta Reddy by Shilpa suraj!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, short read is better. Thank you for your recommendation. And thank you for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  3. I recently joined audible and haven’t started listening yet. Hope I like it as I too have doubts about listening instead of reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand. Start with a short read (your favourite genre). Thank you for reading my post. :)

      Delete
  4. Tarang I believe reading one chapter a day is enough and it gives us the scope to go with the flow of the writer. So lovely to read the post. Looking forward to read more. - Swarnali Nath

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad that you are enjoying this ! Btw , I have never heard an audio book, because I was skeptical. I think , I will try again :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not an audio book person Tarang. Either I fall asleep while listening or my thoughts take me in any direction, except the one the story is leading. I need to hold the hands of printed words to keep me on track.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never tried audiobooks but would like to sometime soon. Glad to learn you're enjoying it though :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tried once, but it didn't really take my fancy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I tried reading an audiobook once, but it didn't really catch my fancy!

    ReplyDelete