Monday, April 4, 2022

C: Colour Mixing (#BlogchatterA2Z)



Acrylics on 10×12 inch canvas board



God, I missed painting! Could not find time for some reason in the last ten days. But then I painted this. It's an intuitive painting and mostly done by a palette knife. I wasn't sure if it was complete but didn't know what to add more. 


When we are beginners, we want to purchase all the possible shades, which is not practical of course. So, slowly I began to experiment with colour mixing. In the beginning, it felt like a task, but now it's fun. Moreover, when you mix your own colours, you get unique shades that you may not find anywhere. So limiting your palette is a good idea. In this painting, I haven't used any green, I mixed them. 


I know you should understand the basic colour theory rule, so yes learn it, however following rules can be really tiring at times, so experiment. No one is going to suggest you, but mix randomly, whatever you feel like, you will learn it eventually.


Recently, I started a YouTube channel, however I realized that it's not my thing because I get painfully conscious when recording and it kills the joy of painting. But I like making colour mixing videos. Here are some, in case you find it interesting. 


Four Unusual Ways to Mix Green



Two Ways to Mix Turquoise




Shades of Red







I'm participating in #BlogchatterA2Z





5 comments:

  1. Hey Tarang thats a pretty painting. And you know what, recently when I visited Perouges, a small historic commune near Lyon, I came across a flight of steps just like the one in your painting! Will be sharing that picture in the upcoming post.
    And thanks for the videos of colour mixing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fascinating! I'd love to see that picture. I love the photos you share. :)

      Delete
  2. What a lovely painting, Tarang. I loved your view here, "Following rules can be really tiring at times, so experiment." Thanks for sharing these tips. I'm no artist but I might just try it after reading this post of yours :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Manali! :)

      Please try, and tag me when you share. Would love to see your painting. :)

      Delete
  3. When it comes to painting, your art work is top notch. And thank you for showing how to get the right mix. I have been struggling myself. Lovely post.

    ReplyDelete