Saturday, June 10, 2023

Painting Nature...


Acrylic Painting on a canvas sheet


It's an intuitive painting (most of my paintings are), as I had no idea what I was going to paint. I painted after a long break and was obviously struggling. For several days, I kept looking at the messed up background on the canvas. And the struggle was a harsh reminder: don't take a long break. When you stop practicing, you lose command. Also, half finished works are not supposed to look great. Finish it, before you analyse/judge.


I am a nature painter; I paint landscapes because I am terrible at sketching and nature is the only thing that does not require real sketching.


Trees, clouds, rivers, rocks…you can't go wrong with them, even if you do, because they can be of any shape or size and it would look okay. That's the beauty of nature, that's how forgiving nature is. :)



Painted/written for Blogchatter Blog Hop. Thank you for the motivation.


2 comments:

  1. I find the idea of intuitive painting very fascinating. Being a non artist I think if I had to paint even trees and clouds I'd need to sketch first :-). I love the colour palette of your painting and that bare-branched tree.

    ReplyDelete