Saturday, September 9, 2023

Being an Intuitive Writer/Painter



Recently, I came across a word called paracosm.


A paracosm is a detailed imaginary world created inside one's mind. This fantasy world may involve humans, animals, and things that exist in reality; or it may also contain entities that are entirely imaginary, alien, and otherworldly.


So, basically our mind is a paracosm. And it reminds me of another word called 'Jouska', which means 'a hypothetical conversation that you compulsively play out in your head.'


If you are a writer or artist, then you'd find it familiar. We have an always-occupied mind. 


Sometimes these scene plays and conversations are so vivid that they feel like complete stories that you write inside your head. I have written many stories like this and that's probably the reason that I have turned into an intuitive writer. Some scene or photo flashes in my mind and I just start writing. Sometimes it's microfiction, sometimes a flash piece. 


And then, one day, when I was reading Flatshare, I suddenly felt like writing an epistolary story, and then I did (in Hindi). And then one night, a strange thought came to my mind, and my fingers itched to write that implausible story, and I did (Hindi). 


And it has kind of become my tendency. No matter how much I (try to) plan the plot, I eventually end up doing my own thing. And it's fun! And I'm writing too many 'ands'.


The same goes for my painting. I begin painting without any planning or image in mind. 


In fact, all my posts for Blogchatter's Half Marathon (This post is the 10th and last post for Half Marathon) are intuitive. I didn't plan my posts. 


Thus, I completed the Half Marathon. :)




5 comments:

  1. Oh, I just fell in love with both the words. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love planning my longer writings as I find it easy to fall back on when I feel I'm losing my way. But I also mostly rely on my instincts when I begin the actual writing. I could relate to everything you said!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you found it relatable. Thank you for reading. :)

      Delete