Monday, February 14, 2011

Without you...



               You’d been my strength and
               I’ve never imagined my life
               Without you.

                Whenever I felt lost and vulnerable
                Always found your embrace…
                To get solace in.

               We shared ramblings...
               ...The whole night
               Only to find it was already dawn.

               Shared laughter and togetherness.
               Bond of love increased with,
               Every sorrow and hardship.

               After you left me alone
               Solitude crept in my life,
               Piercing my lonely heart.

               I can’t forget the moment
               When you were departing,
               Breaking the promise of love.

               Your hand slipped away
               From my trembling grip
               Making me an incomplete soul.

               Again, the gloominess of night is...
               ...Shrouded with your thoughts,
               Propelling me to stay awake all night.

               Days are dreary without you.
               Every night seems like a thousand years,
               Evoking an endless twinge in my heart.

               If I could have just one wish,
               I’d wish to have you again
               Providing me bliss & a purpose.

               However I know this is impossible
               As you’re very far to come back
               Still, my love for you will stay eternal.






(P.S: It's just a poem, according to the prompts and my imagination, from the point of view of an elderly woman/man who lost her/his husband/wife after 50 years of togetherness.)



Written for: Carry on tuesday
                        Jingle poetry
                        Sunday scribblings
 Shared @    One Single Impression
                        Poets United
                       
 
 


22 comments:

  1. Tarang, this a poem of great meaning to me and I thank you for putting together such beautiful words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tarang

    Its very good... I could feel the pain so much.. of loss...

    ॐ नमः शिवाय
    Om Namah Shivaya
    http://shadowdancingwithmind.blogspot.com/2011/01/whispers-emptiness-and-soul.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the honest thought laid in words.. here's my potluck.. http://fiveloaf.wordpress.com/2010/05/11/happily-tied/

    ReplyDelete
  4. great emotion and nice imagery- "your hand slipped away from my trembling grip.." A nice piece on the loss of a cherished one. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so very very sweet and spoken in the language of someone who spent most of their lives together. Very good.
    Here are mine:
    http://louisedouglas.wordpress.com/2011/02/13/goodbyes/
    http://louisedouglas.wordpress.com/2011/02/13/to-my-love/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very strong emotions. Great feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone for your valuable & encouraging appreciation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, Thanks for the love to Poetry Potluck! You Rock!

    Awards 4 Poetry Potluck Week 22, Enjoy!

    Your contribution means a world to us, Happy Thursday!
    See you next time!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can feel longing and pain in words here. Great poem.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such feelings of longing and regret expressed in the words of this poem. A lovely response to the prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. very heartfelt lines .. liked a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So much sentiment and so touching!
    I am so glad you shared this one :D
    Well Done~

    ReplyDelete
  13. To share such an enduring love...beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tarang, my first visit to your blog, through Poets United. This was a touching imagination of longtime lovers parted. Really lovely. Thank you so much, Amy
    http://sharplittlepencil.com/2012/05/04/wish-upon-a-star/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you very much Harshadji, Denise and Nimue!:)

    @ Ella: Thank you so much! Glad you liked it:)

    @ Hannah: Thanks!:)

    @ SharpLittlePencil: Welcome to my blog. I'm glad you liked my poem. Thank You! And thanks for visiting. Hope to see you again:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. So beautifully penned with so real emotions and it just touches the heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Vandana! I'm happy you liked it!:)

      Delete