Sunday, August 7, 2016

When Sita Meets Sati. Part 4 (Final)








When Sita Meets Sati Part 1

When Sita Meets Sati Part 2

When Sita Meets Sati Part 3



Devi Sati sighs and continues. ‘You were a mother figure for Mahadev, Sita. How could he have accepted me when I disguised myself as you?  He has abandoned me, mentally, that very moment and the plot of future disaster was created that very moment.’

Tears sprout in my eyes. I squeeze her hand gently. ‘So, you are not alone, Devi Sita. Not the only sufferer.'

'But, it hurts. Life seems bleak," I say.

“It does. But, if you can see darkness only, it doesn't mean there's no light. Even the darkest nights promise a bright morning. So, get up and collect your courage. People call me Shakti. I, Shakti, want to share my strength with you. Strength to endure. To evolve. To rise. To win. To live a life with profound dignity.’

She smiles at me lovingly. Oh, this smile reminds me of my mother. "You have to care for your little ones too. You have to make them strong just like you. Exceptional warriors.”

Wind blows and I hear rustling of leaves. Another Banyan leaf falls on my lap.

Little ones. Not little one. Them not him or her. Warriors. Before I could ask anything she says, “You look tired. You should sleep now.”

I do as she says obediently. I ask for her hand, not wanting her to go. She holds my hand affectionately.

Gentle sunshine touches me and I wake up, hearing chirping birds. For the first time in my life I have slept until sunshine touched me. This looks a happy place in the morning. With all these lovely creatures, brightness and calmness. Devi Sati is not here.  Was it a dream or reality? I can still feel the warmth of her touch. A sense of sadness and loneliness clutches my heart yet again. Then, a very familiar voice resounds. ‘Endure, strength, evolve, courage, rise, win, dignity. And Shakti!

I get up and start walking, in search of a new life. Oh, I have to count my mistakes too. Where was I? Two….


A big thank you to those who read and commented on my blogposts. Special mention: Tulika, Shilpa,and Kala for commenting (and appreciating) on every post, especially for Sita - Sati Series. I am absolutely new to this genre (mythology), so your encouraging comments mean a lot! Thank you!

P.S.: Please feel free to share any tips/suggestions/negative feedback regarding my writing especially for mythology. 


I am participating in BarAThon Challenge (Final day's prompt: Promise)







11 comments:

  1. ... and so it ends. Loved how the two women bonded - offering and receiving strength to/from each other.
    Thanks for the mention. It was a pleasure reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. End or maybe a beginning.

    Glad you like it. Thanks for reading, Tulika! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. End or maybe a beginning.

    Glad you like it. Thanks for reading, Tulika! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed reading your re-telling of mythological tale, Tarang. Cant believe that it's your maiden attempt in penning down a story in this genre! You did great!
    Thanks for the mention, the pleasure was all mine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much, Shilpa, for reading! And, for your kind words. Means a lot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much creativity everywhere in this Barathon. I missed visiting many blogs. Just landed on yours, Tarang, and read all the parts. Very refreshing and interesting take on mythological characters. Really well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Uma! You're right! So much creativity. I'm glad you liked reading this series. Thank you very much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful! I loved the symbolism in the story..how shakti (courage) nudges Sita (or should I say the dreamer?) to wake up (literally!) from her slumber! Kudos, well done!!
    Shubhangi @ The Little Princess

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have wrapped up the series beautifully Tarang! Your take on this genre was refreshing and had subtle undertones of philosophy as well! Loved it. You should seriously consider developing this series further or this genre atleast! Thanks for the mention, I thoroughly enjoyed reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ Kala: Can't thank you enough, Kala, for such an encouraging comment! I'll definitely think about your suggestion. So glad you liked it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Shubhangi: Glad you liked it. Thank you so much for reading! :)

    ReplyDelete