Friday, June 18, 2021

Glimpse of My Online Painting Workshop


‘Teaching is the highest form of understanding.’ 

–Aristotle



For me, teaching is not new but teaching art is an absolutely new experience. And to be honest, it was a courageous step when I decided to conduct an online painting workshop for beginners. Because painting live (and painting well when you are painting live) is something else. You have to paint slowly, making everything clear (and waiting patiently) so that newbie/aspiring artists understand and follow everything you are doing. I am glad I did that.


Teaching/helping someone learn something is a form of learning, and understanding your own knowledge and abilities. I'm thankful that some lovely, enthusiastic people joined me, enjoyed the sessions and found it helpful. I enjoyed sharing what I have learnt so far. A totally different and enthralling experience. 

I am a self-taught artist. To be honest, I was surprised when I started painting 3 years ago. Even more surprising when I found myself painting regularly because it was never on my mind (and I never thought I could do that, as I was never interested in drawing/painting, not even in school). 

For me, painting has become like writing and reading. It's kind of addictive. And buying art materials feels as exciting as buying books!

I was pleasantly surprised when I sold my first painting. And I feel so glad and content after conducting online painting workshops. It's like embarking on a new journey.

Sharing some lovely shots from my workshop.









‘This post is a part of Blogchatter Half Marathon.’ 

Sharing with Paint Party Friday


24 comments:

  1. very nice this paintings by bookpages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your paintings are beautiful, and it's great to instruct others, too. Enjoy your journey! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your seascape, great paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your paintings are beautiful Tarang and congratulations on taking the leap to teach art. I have thought about recording some tutorials, live is another story though...that must be a bit nerve-racking at first!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, it is. Thank you so much for your kind words. :)

      Delete
  5. Lovely paintings, congrats on the sale, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations and well done. The seascape it a good one to start with. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful paintings, and teaching is a great way to inspire and encourage others and give them confidence as well. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. Also a great way to learn and feel confident. Thank you, Linda. :)

      Delete
  8. Congratulations and you are amazing! Loved the paintings. Please share more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words! :) I will. :)

      Delete
  9. congratulations.. the paintings are indeed beautiful.. Do you do portraits too or just landscape?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really beautiful work! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's wonderful and congratulations! Beautiful paintings. You did well :)

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are master of so many talents and trades.. those are so beautiful pieces.. you must be so proud of your class students...

    ReplyDelete