Saturday, June 24, 2017

Anything But Books Tag





It's been a long time since I've written a tag post. Okay, let me rephrase it. It's been a long time since anybody tagged me. Thanks to Shantala who tagged me for this interesting tag post called 'Anything But Books Tag'. 

You have to answer some interesting questions that are not related to books. So, here it goes:

Name a cartoon(s) that you love.

I used to watch Tom and Jerry. Now, I watch whatever my 4yo likes (However, now he has upgraded his choice to 'regional' News channels, I wonder why). However, I like watching Max and Ruby, Motu Patlu and Peppa Pig.

What is your favorite song right now?

My current favourites are:
‘Channa Mereya’ (I can't get enough of it. I love Arijit Singh’s singing right from the Fame Gurukul days)

What could you do for hours (that isn’t reading)?

Internet browsing. If you think it’s reading in some way, then it would be watching TV, alone. 

What is something you love to do that your followers would be surprised by?

Followers? Don't know if anyone would be surprised, but I love singing and I can sing well (Not a very good singer though). Sometimes, I keep humming same song that I annoy myself.

And, I love interpreting my dreams (I mostly remember them).

What is your favorite unnecessarily specific thing to learn about (this can do with books, I guess)?

Learning is beautiful, and I am a careful learner. I am learning to write better (Love to read on writing posts. Sometimes, sharing my On Writing experiences). I want to learn watercolour painting. (I have done quite a few. I know they are childish. But am I not courageous enough to share these?).

What is something unusual you know how to do?

I can touch my nose with my tongue. Can you do that?

Name something you’ve made in the last year (and show us, if you can).

This questions makes me feel ashamed because I can’t make anything (except my 4 yo’s craft projects.)

What is your most recent personal project?

My second book (Working on the first draft) and weight loss (Okay, it seems to be a never ending project but this time I’m serious). Working on some easy, small fitness goals.

Tell us something you think about often (maybe while staring out of windows).

I have an always occupied mind. I can’t recall when I am not thinking anything. Maybe, when I am engrossed in an interesting book?). I still think about my first book. About writing. Ephemeral ideas and 'I wish, what if' thoughts make my mind a mishmash or if I can say, a Farrago :). 

At this point of time, it’s mostly about my second book. Scenes, dialogues, situations…

Give us something that’s your favorite, but make it something oddly specific, not like your favorite food, but like your favorite food when you’ve been studying for hours and forgot to eat. Or, you know, something like that.

Studying for hours and forgot to eat? Well, it hasn’t happened. In fact, I used to keep several packets of biscuits and cakes while studying. But, my attention hovered around those packets and I couldn't focus until I finished them off!

Actually, I didn’t get this question. Still answering. I am fond, extremely fond of anything that's sweet or made from milk. 

That’s all from my side. I am tagging Kanchana, Namrata, Gayatri, Preethi, Harshita, Sakshi, Arti, Jyoti. Consider yourself tagged if you are reading this post. It's a fun tag and you would like to do it, won't you? Please leave your links if you decide to do it. Would love to hear your answers. 





6 comments:

  1. Thanks for doing this tag, Tarang. I enjoyed reading your answers and getting to know you better. And you can touch your nose with your tongue? Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, fun answers, Tarang. You can touch your nose with your tongue! I tried. I couldn't. :) And good luck for your second book. Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Touching the nose with the tongue? That's impressive. I can recall all my crazy looking and futile attempts at doing that!
    I do love to read the tweets you share about writing on Twitter. Thanks to you, I found out about Joanne Harris's Ten Tweets!

    Glad to know more about you, Tarang! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving this tag. I have to get to it too, though I'm not good at tags at all. Oh and you did manage to get books into it - I noticed. Even if it was your own :-). That bit about being unable to focus on studies if food was around - that would be me all over. Oh and you can touch your nose with your tongue - super impressed. Can you also touch your elbow with your tongue? Just asking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats a nice one... And, interpretation of dreams - thank God I am not the only one doing it :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Shantala: Thanks for tagging me, Shantala! :)

    @ Rachna: Haha. I try to raise my single eyebrow but can't. Thanks for your best wishes...:)

    @ Mithila: :) keep trying. Glad you find them interesting and maybe helpful. They are my own learnings, mistakes, discoveries...and going to find those Ten Tweets. Thanks for reading. :)

    @ Tulika: Yes, this is a fun (and a little different) tag. About my book - I'm cleaver, huh? No, seriously, these days I keep thinking about my second book. So, it was an honest answer. :)
    Sometimes I feel that we are very much alike. :) And, no I can't touch my elbow with my tongue (I tried after reading your comment).

    @ Locomente: Thanks for reading. It's a fun activity, no?
    Why don't you do this tag? Would love to read your answers. Leave a link here. So, I am tagging you for this post (If you like to do.) :)

    ReplyDelete