Thursday, June 17, 2021

Don't You Quit by Nishant Jain, Translated by Tarang Sinha

 


'You rise by lifting yourself up, not dragging others down.'




So, I tried something new. I translated a book. Don't You Quit by Nishant Jain (IAS officer), published by Westland Books, is the translated version of author's best-selling book रुक जाना नहीं. It's a motivational book that carries many real life, inspiring success stories.

In this book, the author, Mr. Nishant Jain, who is an IAS officer, has shared his experience, challenges and tips n suggestions, so the book mainly focuses on Civil Service examination and preparation, but it can be inspiring, uplifting and helpful for everyone. Especially who likes to read non fiction.

Working on this book was a different experience. The author wanted me to write in my own style, so it was a big plus point. Translating the beautiful and insightful Hindi poems was particularly challenging, but it was so enriching at the same time. 

Translating this book was a learning experience. 

Have you tried something new recently? Do you like reading motivational books? And do you like the bookmarks I painted?


‘This post is a part of Blogchatter Half Marathon.’ 


7 comments:

  1. Wow.. I also try to translate stories on my blog. I often do public domain stuff. You can read them here: हिन्दी अनुवाद

    I do like the book marks that you have painted. They look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's cool. Will read them for sure.
      And thank you. Glad you like the bookmarks.

      Delete
  2. It is always an adventure to attempt new ventures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. So good to see you after a long time.:) How are you?

      Delete
  3. That's great.. translating is so underrated but now a days we are seeing how important it is to society at large... Congrats on your new project...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be adding this to my TBR. I always feel I have so much to read and so less time!!Thank you for sharing this :-)

    ReplyDelete