Sunday, August 28, 2022

My Hindi Translation of Chinmayee's Beautiful English Poems

 

Image: My Painting.


Today, I am sharing my Hindi translation of Chinmayee Gayatri Sahu's beautiful poems. Chinmayee is a wonderful writer and poet. 

These poems touched me in certain ways that I could not resist. I have her permission, of course! :-)



My Hindi Translation:


तुम,

मेरी सबसे प्यारी किताब

जाने कितने लम्हे अपने पन्नों में समेटे,

अनूठी, अनगिनत भावों से भरी किताब।


मैं,

उस बुकशेल्फ पर

पहली और आख़िरी बुकमार्क

रुपहली, अनोखी

तुम्हारे ज़ेहन में सिमटी सी


हम,

हम मिले हैं पहले

शायद पिछले कई जन्मों में

और ये है 

हमारी

सच्ची प्रेम कहानी...



My Hindi Translation:


कुछ अक्षर थिरकते हैं 

मेरे मन में,

शब्दों की लड़ियाँ बनने को बेचैन।

वो लड़ियाँ जो मुझे 

किसी और ही दुनिया में ले जाती है।

एक थकन है, फिर भी खुश हूँ।

आतुर,

तुमसे मिलने को

बातें करने को,

मीठी यादें बुनने को।

हंसी बेपरवाह सी

और कुछ बेशकीमती पल

जब मुझे लगे कि, 

'हां, मैंने ज़िंदगी को वाक़ई जिया है!




My Hindi translation:


तुमने मुझे कुछ ऐसे छुआ
जैसे हवा की मीठी सी थपकी,
जैसे सुबह की सुनहरी धूप
जैसे बारिश की मुलायम फुहार
और फिर अचानक यूं लगा
कि मेरे अंदर कुछ है
जो अब भी ज़िन्दा है।
कि मैं महज़ खिलौना नहीं।
कोई है जो मेरी रूह से मुख़ातिब है।
और बस यूं ही
ये सुखद ऐहसास
मेरी आंखों में झिलमिला उठा है।

Hope you like it. :-) Please visit Chinmayee's Twitter profile (and follow) to read many beautiful poems. 



6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much. It is an absolute honour for me that my posts were worthy enough for your translation prowess that is always immaculate! This just made my day ❤️. I hope we create many such beautiful creations by our ' jugalbandhi '. This happens rarely and I am so touched by this . Thank you once again 🙏🏻✨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Chinmayee, for your kind words. 💜 Absolutely my pleasure! Yes, I like our jugalbandi. 😊

      Delete
  2. This was so beautiful, and how lovely to see both the English and translated poetry in one place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant!!! I LOVED Chinmayee's poems and your translations, Tarang...simply loved it! In fact, I think you helped me look at poetry from a whole new angle! Thank you for your beautiful poetry, Tarang! Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much for this beautiful comment, Shilpa! 💛 It means a lot to me. ✨

      Delete